Search HR Jobs
Search for your next HR Opportunity
Interim Compensation Manager
Trenton, NJ 08648 US
ContinuitiHR is a super niche search firm that has been exclusively devoted to the placement of HR professionals in Interim, Direct Hire, and Consulting opportunities since 2003! We are pleased to be working with a large healthcare system in the Trenton, NJ area on an Interim Compensation Manager role that has potential to transition to a permanent position. the hourly rate for this role is $50-$65/hr based on experience and background.
The Compensation Manager supports the compensation planning, development, administration, and reporting for assigned groups. Assists the Director of Total Rewards in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of compensation programs. Responsible for analyzing market data, participating in compensation surveys, and providing expert support, advice, and recommendations to ensure competitive and fair compensation practices. Collaborates with Director Total Rewards, HR Business Partners, HR COE’s, and other key business stakeholders to develop and administer effective compensation strategies that attract, develop, and retain employees for assigned groups. Supports project work and process improvement. Maintains the highest level of confidentiality, regulatory compliance, accuracy, and data integrity.
- Provides compensation support and consultation for the highly critical areas for assigned departments.
- Assist the Director Total Rewards in delivering compensation strategies and programs that support strategic objectives. Also, assist in the development of Job Architecture.
- Conducts in-depth analyses and modeling for compensation programs, including annual budgets, competitive assessments of pay trends and impacts, and equity utilization.
- Participates in market-based compensation surveys and evaluates market and economic trends. Responsible for the salary survey submission process, tracking surveys, and due dates. Prepares compensation profiles, position matches, and data compilation. Maintains employee and survey data.
- Collaborate and partner with the HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team, and HR Service Center and other key business stakeholders to provide recommendations and ensure compensation deliverables are processed in a timely manner.
- Develops tools (reports, dashboards, etc.) that model, interpret, analyze, and present external and internal data, and to be used for decision-making.
- Identifies market movement trends, assesses gaps in current programs and processes as needed, and recommends changes. Works in partnership with the compensation team to administer special market adjustments and annual increases accurately on time and within budget. Conducts market analysis for individual employees/groups and develops recommendations for pay adjustments, promotional or developmental increases, and hiring ranges, as needed.
- Manages compensation programs and projects with a high level of autonomy and innovation.
- Responsible for ongoing creation and maintenance of job profiles, compensation grade profiles, and internal resources utilized by the Compensation Center of Excellence (COE) for the purpose of organizing, comparing, and categorizing jobs in reports and analyses. Ensures all roles follow established job architecture, maintaining the integrity of the structure within the Workday system.
- Evaluates jobs based on job descriptions, written to organizational standards, to determine proper slotting into salary structure and grade based on peer comparisons and market data.
- Interprets, communicates, and educates HRBPs and other human resources staff on compensation policies and procedures to ensure smooth ongoing operations and to improve the success of HR and organizational initiatives.
- Conduct regular audits of HRIS data, ensuring data accuracy related to compensation metrics. Assists in audits and reviews to ensure pay compliance.
Creates and maintains documentation supporting compensation decisions and actions taken.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, Human Resources, Finance, or related field.
- Five years of professional work experience in broad based compensation in the healthcare industry. Experience with implementing compensation functions and programs in Nursing and other hospital roles. Experience with progressive complex analytics. Experience in the design and implementation of contemporary compensation practices.
- Strong knowledge of compensation principles and practices, with the ability to operate with minimal inputs and make sound recommendations. Possesses skills in analyzing and evaluating job content and writing accurate job descriptions. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and exceptional research, analytical, evaluation, and negotiation skills. Knowledge of FLSA regulations, and related state and federal laws.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications, Workday preferred. Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills including the development of complex spreadsheets and presentations, and experience preparing, documenting and presenting narrative reports and statistical analyses.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities, and self-manage focus and time for optimum results. Ability to plan, coordinate, and administer complex administrative systems and processes.
ContinuitiHR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or citizenship status.